Sunday, February 3, 2013

Installing the Virtual I/O Server from the HMC


Find instructions for installing the Virtual I/O Server (VIOS) from the HMC by using the installios command.
Before you start, complete the following tasks:
  1. Ensure that you meet the following requirements:
    • There is an HMC attached to the managed system.
    • The Virtual I/O Server logical partition and logical partition profile are created.
    • If you are installing Virtual I/O Server Version 2.2.1.0, or later, ensure that the HMC is at Version 7 Release 7.4.0, or later.
    • The Virtual I/O Server logical partition has at least one Ethernet adapter and a 16 GB disk assigned to it.
    • You have hmcsuperadmin authority.
  2. Gather the following information:
    • Static IP address for the Virtual I/O Server
    • Subnet mask for the Virtual I/O Server
    • Default gateway for the Virtual I/O Server
To install the Virtual I/O Server, follow these steps:
  1. Insert the Virtual I/O Server CD or DVD into the HMC.
  2. If you are installing the Virtual I/O Server through the public network interface, continue to step 3. If you are installing the Virtual I/O Server through a private network interface, type the following from the HMC command line:
    export INSTALLIOS_PRIVATE_IF=interface
    where interface is the network interface through which the installation should take place.
  3. From the HMC command line, type:
    installios
  4. Follow the installation instructions according to the system prompts.
After you install the Virtual I/O Server, finish the installation by checking for updates, setting up remote connections, creating additional user IDs, and so on. For instructions, see Finishing the Virtual I/O Server installation.
Note: As an alternative to the HMC, you can use the IBM® Systems Director Management Console (SDMC) to install the VIOS.

No comments:

Post a Comment